Business-savvy estate planning specialistsAt Rouse Lawyers, we boast an enviable team of legal specialists. We have dedicated lawyers with sophisticated estate planning knowledge, but our business law focus extends to property law, tax and structure guidance, intellectual property law, and beyond. This cross-disciplinary knowledge base means we can bring you comprehensive legal coverage of your commercial and financial interests. Silos are for grains, not for planning your legacy.
Business law make simple, responsive and secureWhether your estate planning needs revolve around business succession, property transfers, intellectual property or just making a secure and valid Will, our legal team guarantees straightforward advice that’s responsive to your unique circumstances. What’s more, our ‘no surprises’ fee structure means you can ask us all the burning questions you need to have complete peace of mind in the process. Where possible we will work to a fixed fee – particularly where a defined outcome (such as a Will) is required. In more complex cases, you’ll be fully informed at every stage about costs and time frames. We are business people, like you. We are about action and deliverables – even in delicate dealings.
What can an experienced estate lawyer do for you?A modern, balanced estate plan might include any or all the following:
- a Will, or a dispute over a Will
- shareholder and partnership agreements which address current management and ownership issues and the future succession of management and ownership
- integrated company, trust and superannuation structures
- the use of devices to avoid assets passing through your estate such as family trusts, insurance, joint tenancy and superannuation
- an Enduring Power of Attorney
- tax planning, which addresses income tax, capital gains tax and stamp duty implications of transferring assets and/or managing assets upon death or other keys events
- the use of insurance coverage as an asset in your plan
- business Buy/Sell Deeds to provide options for departing and remaining stakeholders
- balancing the rights of different categories of beneficiaries to receive income and/or capital and the right to control income and/or capital
- a financial plan.
Team Leader: Domenic Festa
With his experience in both accounting and taxation law, Domenic's passion is identifying suitable structures for clients to achieve their commercial objectives. The majority of Domenic's work has involved consulting to accountants, lawyers and financial professionals on tax, superannuation and structuring issues affecting their clients.
Practice Area Expert:
Matthew is the founder of the firm and leads the corporate and commercial team. He developed his expertise as a commercial lawyer with some of Australia's largest law firms, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property and franchising. Matthew is trusted by his clients to deliver astute and practical advice and to ensure that the Rouse Lawyers team deliver on their promise to offer top tier legal advice, promptly, and with the clients interests, and value, in mind.
Latest From The Blog - Estate Planning
“Rouse Lawyers assisted our fast-growing commercial fit-out and building business for around 4 years. We have called upon the firm’s expertise in intellectual property, software development and contract negotiation matters.”
"Their knowledge of franchising is comprehensive"
“I have tried several of the larger law firms at the big end of town but found their services to be quite bland and predictable. Rouse Lawyers’s style of operation suits me much better, their knowledge of franchising is comprehensive, and just as importantly, their thinking is distinctly street wise and entrepreneurial.”
"We have been delighted with the results"
“As a civil contractor in this environment, we need someone we can rely upon when it comes to large payment claims and recovery. Rouse Lawyers has assisted us in a number of recovery matters including Eloise’s fantastic efforts recently with recovery from Walton Constructions. We have been delighted with the results.”