Andrew leads our property team, with over 15 years’ experience in a wide range of property and commercial transactions. Andrew acts for a variety of clients including large and small property developers, commercial property owners, shopping centre, commercial office and industrial landlords and tenants. He has a very commercial and practical approach to achieving outcomes for clients which has been gained from years of exposure to a wide range of commercial matters acting for large corporate, medium sized and smaller commercial clients.
Andrew has extensive drafting skills and an attention to detail, which greatly assist in the efficient progression of a transaction from contract preparation to settlement. Andrew has advised on:
- commercial and retail leasing of office buildings, regional and neighbourhood shopping centres, warehouses, freestanding commercial buildings and industrial buildings;
- commercial property acquisition and sales including commercial, retail and industrial property as well as greenfield sites;
- Drafting and negotiating Development Management Agreements, Project Management Agreements
- Specific building and development agreements such as Put and Call Option Agreements, Development Management Agreements and Project Management Agreements;
- General commercial contracts, such as business purchases and sale agreements, asset purchase and sale agreements and license agreements
- Specific freehold and business contracts such as broiler farm acquisitions and disposals, the acquisition and disposal of trailing commission businesses (such as mortgage broking), the acquisition and disposal of professional businesses (such as dental, medical and accounting) and the acquisition and disposal of licenced businesses (such as hotels, clubs, bars and restaurants);
- Shareholder agreements and unitholder agreements;
- Corporate structures, including share and unit transactions.
Andrew has advised clients in diverse fields such as property development, farming, fuel suppliers, construction, hotel and clubs, restaurants, and trades.