Stage 2 Shutdown – Places of Social Gatherings
The Stage 1 restrictions on social gatherings imposed at midday, 23 March 2020 will remain in place., with Stage 2 restrictions on social gatherings also now be imposed from 11.59pm today, Wednesday, 25 March 2020.
- Cafes – limited to takeaway and home delivery services, as well as canteens in hospitals, care homes, schools, prisons, military, homeless and workplaces;
- Auction houses, real estate auctions and open house inspections – except for private appointments for inspection;
- Outdoor and indoor markets – as determined by each State and Territory, food markets will continue to operate in all States and Territories;
- Beauty and personal care services – hairdressers and barber shops (up to 30 minute appointments only, with the 1 person per 4 square metre rule), beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, tattoo parlours, spas and massage parlours;
- Entertainment venues – including cinemas, nightclubs, casinos, gaming and gambling, strip clubs, brothels, concert venues, theatre, arenas, auditoriums, stadiums (except for live streaming of a performance by a small group with social distancing observed), amusement park and arcades, as well as indoor and outdoor play centres;
- Leisure and recreation centres - health and fitness clubs, yoga, barre, spin facilities, saunas, bathhouses and wellness centres;
- Boot camps, personal training operating inside and outside (except for outside events limited to no more than 10 people and social distancing observed);
- Social sporting based activities and swimming pools;
- Hotels, hostels, bed and breakfast, ...