Rob leads our property team, with over 15 years’ experience in property, commercial transactions and dispute resolution. Rob acts for a variety of clients including large and small property developers, shopping centre landlords, financiers and commercial land owners and tenants. He has a tenacious approach to getting commercial outcomes and a unique blend of skills gained from front-end commercial transactions and extensive dispute resolution experience.
Corporate & Commercial
Rob has strong drafting skills and an attention to detail, which greatly assist in the resolution of disputes and the progress of a transaction from contract preparation to settlement. Rob has advised on:
- shareholder agreements and buy/sell agreements;
- intellectual property asset protection, transfer and licensing;
- enforcement of shareholder rights, injunctions and winding-up proceedings;
- corporate structures, including share transactions and corporate governance;
- commercial contracts, such as asset sale agreements and license agreements;
- misleading and deceptive conduct claims under the Australian Consumer Law;
- estate disputes and family provision claims; and
- compulsory acquisitions of land (resumptions) involving the Queensland Department of Transport, the Brisbane City Council and the Logan City Council.
Rob has advised clients in diverse fields such as agribusiness, construction, finance, information technology, not-for-profit, sports and trades.