Luke was admitted as a solicitor in 2013 and practices in the areas of commercial, franchising and property law. Luke assists clients who are franchisors and franchisees in the grant, renewal and sale of franchised businesses, as well as guiding clients through general business sales and leasing.
Corporate & Commercial
Luke applies his strong attention to detail to assist clients who are growing their business or wanting to protect what they have established.
Luke’s experience includes:
• Advising tenants and landlords on retail and commercial leases.
• Commercial and residential property conveyancing.
• Assisting clients in the purchase and sale of businesses.
• Contract negotiation. protection of intellectual property.
• Compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct.
Recent Transaction Experience
• Acting on the purchase and sales of businesses, including franchised businesses;
• Advising on and negotiating retail and commercial leases;
• Acting for franchisors in the grant of new franchises, renewals and sales of existing franchises;
• Updating franchise agreements and disclosure documents to be compliant with the
Franchising Code of Conduct;
• Reviewing documentation for franchisees entering into franchise agreements;
• Acting for franchisors and franchisees in resolving and mediating disputes.