Henry is a highly qualified lawyer with experience in intellectual property, privacy, and technology at a top tier firm. A University of Oxford graduate, he combines exceptional analysis with a keen interest in his clients’ business needs.
Henry is experienced in contentious and non-contentious intellectual property work. His particular expertise is in copyright law, which was the subject of his masters thesis at the University of Oxford.
Henry’s intellectual property experience includes:
- providing clients with copyright and unfair trading advice in relation to creative material, including television show formats and newspaper articles;
- advising clients on the registration of their trade marks and best practice for protecting those trade marks when authorising other parties to use them;
- copyright and trade mark litigation;
- negotiating music recording and publishing deals; and
- drafting intellectual property licences.
Henry has worked in the technology field both for a top tier law firm, and consulting to a boutique online firm specialising in start ups. His work in technology work includes:
- technology agreements, including IT service agreements, application development agreements and pharmaceutical supply agreements;
- providing structuring advice and documentation for technology startups;
- procurement advice;
- advice on compliance in relation to telecommunications infrastructure; and
- advice regarding the recording and interception of voice communications.
Henry also brings particular expertise to the Privacy field having worked with Oxford Pro Bono Publico to advise the US Civil Liberties Union on suggesting changes to the UN General Comment on Privacy.