Ben has a decade of experience in a range of intellectual property and commercial matters. Prior to joining Rouse Lawyers, Ben worked in a boutique intellectual property firm. His multi-disciplinary, practical approach blends the technicalities of intellectual property law with the modern commercial context.
Ben believes that every business creates valuable intellectual property and works collaboratively with clients and specialist professional advisors to recognise and protect those assets.
Ben has diverse experience in:
- intellectual property asset identification, protection, transfer and licensing;
- enforcement of intellectual property rights, including cease-and-desist letters, court injunctions and trade mark opposition proceedings;
- trade mark registration and maintenance in Australia, overseas and under the Madrid Protocol;
- protection of confidential information; and
- misleading and deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Law (formerly the Trade Practices Act); and
- dispute resolution and mediation.
Corporate & Commercial
Ben also has expertise in advising on:
- creating and tailoring corporate structures including company registration, share transactions and corporate governance;
- shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements and stakeholder relationship management;
- commercial contracts, such as business sale agreements and software development agreements;